Wednesday 14 September 2011

I came across this on the 'net, a convention sketch I drew for somebody somewhere. These things are hit or miss, though naturally I try to have a basically acceptable image I can do in my sleep and that won't embarrass me if I chance upon it later. Every now and then my unconscious butts in and I accidentally do something that surprises me, like this one. I always use a ball point, on the principal that the ink comes out of it no slower or faster than the rate as my artistic brain works. Also, I have acquired a facility with it so that you can see some variety and spontaneity in the line.
(click to enlarge)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Fabio di Campli said...

OMB (Oh My Bacchus)!

14 September 2011 at 07:10:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Nate said...

You do a great job suggesting the drapery, and I like the way the line globs up at the points of contact (wrists & pockets, shoes and ground.

14 September 2011 at 10:27:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Isaac said...

Hey, I think that's the one you drew for me!

Looks like I posted it exactly a year ago, too.

It's a nice piece, and I'm very glad to have it in my sketchbook.

14 September 2011 at 19:18:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

yes, I can't remember how I came across it and it was just sitting in a file here. I tweaked the contrast somewhat. I'm pleased that I didn't find it on one of those art-for -sale sites.

I guess I must have tried a bit harder because it was in a sketchbook and I didn't want to look slack next to Jeffrey Brown :)

(see page linked above)

14 September 2011 at 19:29:00 GMT-5  
Blogger spacedlaw said...

Excellent!

16 September 2011 at 11:10:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home