Sunday 12 July 2009


artists to my mind are the real architects of change, and not the political legislators who implement change after the fact. - William S. Burroughs

Another of the first set of the Bent Books bookmarks, 2004.

********

Drunk badger disrupts traffic
BERLIN (Reuters) – A badger in Germany got so drunk on over-ripe cherries it staggered into the middle of a road and refused to budge, police said on Wednesday. A motorist called police near the central town of Goslar to report a dead badger on a road -- only for officers to turn up and discover the animal alive and well, but drunk.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger robsalk said...

Eddie, do you still have the original of that? WSB is a personal favorite and you have really captured the likeness.

13 July 2009 at 12:58:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

Rob,
alas, no. But I carried them around in my portfolio for a long time before I decided nobody was interested and gave them all away as a gift.
Eddie

13 July 2009 at 15:43:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seeing this reminded me how much I want this to see print (even if it's unfinished):

http://www.malcolmmcneillart.com/P-Burroughs-1.html

13 July 2009 at 17:56:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

me too.

(Ryan Catcher? real or fake name...brilliant either way.... wish i'd thought of it.... you will, eddie, you will.)

13 July 2009 at 18:03:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fake.

I spent most of High School trying to figure up some clever nickname for writing / internet things. I found that like 98% of people in the world like The Catcher in The Rye.

Or atleast High Schoolers.

;)

13 July 2009 at 18:17:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

I've always wanted to meet a guy named Chance just at the moment when i'm opening a bar of chocolate, so that I can give Chance a piece.

13 July 2009 at 18:21:00 GMT-5  
Blogger James Langdell said...

The last makes me think of composer Lou Harrison speaking of his colleague John Cage's random composition methods, "I'd rather chance choice than choose chance."

14 July 2009 at 00:48:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous rOSS bYRNE said...

Eddie Campbell, you are to be commended. This is the perfect Burroughs caricature. Just cartoony enough while having a realistic tinge.

14 July 2009 at 10:51:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home