Friday 22 February 2008

Today I watched Sophia Coppola's Marie Antoinette. I don't understand why the Wikipedia entry has described it as 'lightweight", nor why it might have been booed at Cannes, nor why it had trouble at the box office, but then I don't understand why i have trouble either. What a magnificent film. I give it two of Ebert's thumbs and three of my own. And the soundtrack! Take a bow, Jean-Philippe Rameau, take a bow, Francois Couperin, take a bow wow wow.


**************
I can't find a name on it or around it, but the guy who draws 'Duty Calls"made me laugh. Go and see if he's got any more.


Update: That's Randall Munroe's work. thanks, Auz.
(via weehayleycampbell)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Auz said...

Randall Munroe draws xkcd... http://xkcd.com/about/

22 February 2008 at 17:29:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: Marie Antoinette. Me too. I *adored* that film.

22 February 2008 at 17:32:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Matthew Adams said...

Marie Antoinette is great movie and I suspect the people who booed it didn't like it because it didn't star Tom Hanks...

23 February 2008 at 08:23:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hah hah... wrong on the internet. You made me LOL out loud :)

I've been meaning to check out this movie.

28 February 2008 at 04:38:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home