Friday 31 August 2007

Melb 3

I was on a panel yesterday with two ladies much older than myself, and most of the audience too. Not sure I talked very many of them into coming over to the dark side. When these old school literary types sign books, I noticed that they have no concept of making that scrawl on the titlepege into an attractive visual flourish. And, perhaps recalling blue carbon papers, they lean very hard with their ballpoint, otherwise you won't be able to still see the imprint on page nine.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Robert Morales said...

Ouch ...

31 August 2007 at 20:13:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Christopher Moonlight said...

None of the died on you, did they?

1 September 2007 at 00:37:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Christopher Moonlight said...

Them, I mean them.

1 September 2007 at 00:38:00 GMT-5  
Blogger genevieve said...

hehe, perhaps that's why I don't line up to have my books signed after all. And here I thought I was just being peculiar.
Thanks for the tip off, Eddie.

1 September 2007 at 19:02:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home