Saturday 4 August 2007

Appearances. Keeping up with them.

In my last post I introduced my part in the program of the Melbourne Writers Festival. Now here's the Brisbane program. They're shining a spotlight on the 'graphic novel' and are flying in Brian Talbot from England, Guy Delisle from Canada, Sean Tan from Perth and Nikki Greenberg from Melbourne. I will have already crossed paths with these last two in Melbourne. There's also Leigh Rigozzi, I think from Sydney, who is the only one I haven't met before. My pal Daren White, well known in this parish, also plays a role, chairing one of the panels. I have a feeling there may be a fourth appearance which I haven't listed here, which is part of the separate schools program. More on that when I figure it out. (update: if you read this earlier, I made a mistake in that second session, now fixed. I'm with Brian Talbot first, then I'm chairing a session with Greenberg, Delisle and Rigozzi. Third session has the biggest line-up.)

BRISBANE WRITERS FESTIVAL
The official site

Thursday, 13 September 2007, 8:15 PM - 9:15 PM
EDDIE CAMPBELL IN CONVERSATION WITH BRYAN TALBOT
Visy Theatre - Brisbane Powerhouse. Of Graphic Novel Fame
Eddie Campbell in conversation with Bryan Talbot. Brisbane’s award-winning graphic novelists Campbell and Talbot discuss their work as it relates to the larger history of illustrated literature.
Bookings essential. Tickets $12/$10 at PowerTix.War:

Thursday, 13 September 2007, 9:30 PM - 10:30 PM
AS IT HAPPENS: AUTOBIOGRAPHY IN GRAPHIC NOVELS
Visy Theatre - Brisbane Powerhouse
Join Nicki Greenberg, Guy Delisle and Leigh Rigozzi, three of the sharpest self-styled graphic novelists, to discuss how they use their everyday lives to produce acclaimed graphic novels. Chair: Eddie Campbell.
Bookings essential. Tickets $12/$10 at PowerTix.

Friday, 14 September 2007, 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
DOES THE LITERATURE OF OUR TIMES HAVE PICTURES?
Visy Theatre - Brisbane Powerhouse
Eddie Campbell, Guy Delisle, Bryan Talbot and Shaun Tan.
Hear four of the world’s most renowned graphic novelists talk about the rise and rise of the medium and the ideas and issues that propel their work. Chair: Daren White
Bookings essential. Tickets $12/$10 at PowerTix.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Eddie,
Got your email, thanks.
Leigh Rigozzi is Hobart lad and a nice fellow. I've been buying his stuff for a several years now. Lovely stuff. Hope you have fun at the festivals.

4 August 2007 at 03:15:00 GMT-5  
Blogger spacedlaw said...

And speaking of keeping up with appearances, i have just watched the delightful video on that site...

4 August 2007 at 15:45:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I so want to attend that Sept 13th event. Seems so close yet so far away..

4 August 2007 at 19:27:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

Tita
in my second session there I made a mistake which i've now fixed, i had too many people, mistake in my cut and paste, but I'm still on for two sessions..

Eddie

4 August 2007 at 19:36:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home