Monday 5 March 2007

!!!!!!!!!!Normal service will be resumed when you all stop sending me gecko stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It just happens to be his birthday on the day I get an emailed cartoon from my pal mister j. (click to enlarge.) Happy birtheday to ya. J is appearing all over the place of late. Here's one from Hayley Campbell's blog in full colour!. And here's a bunch of them at Pro Wrestling Daily. You may remember me saying that this is what his 'Hayley Campbell Funnies', seen numerous times on this blog and accessible by clicking j's name above, evolved into. There will be a good selection of HC Funnies in the next Deevee, which I mentioned here yesterday, and which you will recall is a comic mag produced by messrs. White, Evans and Best. Which reminds me I've still got one last page to finish for that.
hold on a minute, there's the phone.
"Wha? King Features? You're kidding. Cambo? No, that's just a one-off by my pal mister j.
A series? Don't be daft. His phone number ... yes I'll get it for you... look while you're here, I have this other... wha, you've seen it already?
sigh, okay.
thanks for roning."

*****
The comic book database is a useful resource. Last time I used it was when I was doing the interview with Lew Sayer Schwartz for my Egomania magazine. I've just discovered (via my pal Spurge) that they've got all the Bacchus covers catalogued, with enlarged view too!!. (Well, almost all. I guess the print numbers on the last five issues were so small that they can't find copies). That'll save me some scanning; next time I need one I'll pinch it from there.
I've added this link and some others onto the 'gallery' at the foot of the sidebar. There are a lot of unpublished sketches and stuff in there, for when you're stuck indoors with a case of the flu. I discovered I could make a virtual gallery by linking to my own and other people's uploads. Well, they're all my own pictures, so why not?

******
John Coulthart is looking at the German magazine Simplicissimus and telling you where you can download the whole lot of it.

Artist Mark Badger left a comment under Sunday feb 25th's post in reponse to regular commenter Hemlockman. I'm sure you'd miss these things if I wasn't directing the traffic. We need one of those butler guys to announce famous people when they walk into the ballroom.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Moonlight said...

Dear God!!! What have I started. A gecko invasion really has begun.

5 March 2007 at 03:13:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just clear something - is your pal Dan Best the same Dan Best that runs this blog...


ohdannyboy.blogspot.com

...or are there two Australian Dan Bests with comics fetishes?

cheers
B Smith

5 March 2007 at 05:20:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

first time I've seen that.
Different guy,
I'd never say our guy has a comics fetish though.

eddie

5 March 2007 at 05:24:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been looking at some of those magazines. I must say I find the prospect of a 48-year archive of a weekly title to be rather daunting. Where to begin?! Nice to know it's there though, 'tis the future and all.

5 March 2007 at 07:17:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep meaning to mention.
My sister lives near Brisband. Redland Bay actually. Her son has a couple of pet geckos.
I've seen him feeding them live worms.
Pretty gross.

Eroom Nala

5 March 2007 at 17:56:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, but.... How do you know they were worms and not thinly sliced people?

5 March 2007 at 19:53:00 GMT-5  
Blogger James Robert Smith said...

Nice to see that Mark Badger saw the comment.

Back when I used to run comic conventions, I once flew Mr. Badger in for a show. He arrived very sick. While he did appear at the show, he was the one comic book artist I had who I never really met. He was too sick to talk the entire time he was with us and mainly stayed holed up in his hotel room.

Alas.

5 March 2007 at 23:07:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well John they were wriggling about unlike thinly sliced people would.

E. Nala

My word verification for this is
"irdfwelf" makes me think of Edelweiss. That's the trouble when you've got daughters aged 6 and 4 and they constantly want to watch The Sound of Music

5 March 2007 at 23:52:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

6 March 2007 at 00:05:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Ralf Haring said...

Hi, I'm one of the volunteers working on the GCD from the cover link you posted. Thanks for the appreciative note!

Your comment brought to mind a couple questions. You said that there were cover scans for all but the last five issues. Right now we have 1-60 only missing 56 and 57. Does that mean the series should go to issue 65? If so, we'll expand that right away with some blank skeletons.

Also, if anyone here has cover scans of the missing issues, they can be uploaded at http://comics.org/scans.lasso?SeriesID=20003

Thanks!
-Ralf Haring

6 March 2007 at 10:51:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

there were 60 issues. I'm sure you only had 55 the alst time I looked. You must be working on this even as i write.
I can send the two that you are missing.

later today hopefully

Eddie

6 March 2007 at 15:52:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home